Uterine Fibroid is a benign tumour that grows in the uterus. The non-cancerous tumour can occur anywhere in the uterus but is most common in the upper part of the uterus. They are generally made up of a combination of muscle and fibrous tissue, but may also contain blood vessels, fat, and other cells. Uterine Fibroid can cause pain, irregular bleeding, and infertility. It can be a debilitating experience and in extreme cases, you may require fibroids removal in Chennai through experienced surgeons.
There is no definitive way to prevent uterine fibroid pain, but some methods may be effective. Some of the possible methods include lifestyle changes, such as weight loss and a healthy diet, stress management, and avoiding tobacco smoke and alcohol. Surgery may also be an option for some women with severe pain.
Several known contributing factors for uterine fibroids include- age, use of contraceptives, consuming too much red meat, vegetables, fruit, or dairy products, alcohol, lack of vitamin D, and too early periods. It may also be caused due to family history.
The most common treatment for uterine fibroids is surgery, but there are other ways to prevent the pain. Here are a few tips to help reduce uterine fibroid pain:
- Exercise regularly: Exercising can help reduce the risk of developing uterine fibroids in the first place. Avoid excess weight and being inactive. Exercise can help to keep your muscles strong and reduce inflammation in the body.
- Healthy diet: Make sure your diet is balanced and includes enough fibre. Eat vegetables, meat, or dairy products but in the right proportion. Also, for maintaining a healthy lifestyle eating proper diet food must be a constant effort. Also, ensure to eat on time.
- Avoid too much caffeine: Caffeine has been proven to have negative effects on the uterus. It can cause constriction and also, it can cause uterine fibroids. Limit your intake of caffeinated drinks like coffee, tea, cola and chocolate.
- Avoid smoking: It is proven that smoking can cause uterine fibroids. It also has been shown to increase the risk of cancer.
- Get plenty of rest: Sleep at least 7 hours every night. Good rest can help you stay calm and also deal with stress.
- Reduce stress: Avoid being stressed and working too much. Also, avoid being sedentary while doing your housework or working at your office desk. Take small breaks during work. Take small walks and look around rather than just focusing on the screen.
- Avoid too much spicy food: Spicy foods have been shown to cause constriction in the uterus and also, it can lead to uterine fibroids. Try your best to avoid spicy foods.
If prevention measures do not work, there are treatments available that can help reduce or eliminate the pain. You must visit the best gynaecologist for fibroids removal in Chennai. They guide you with the kind of treatment required depending on the size as well as the symptoms. Treatment options include medication, surgery, and radiation therapy.